Bankruptcy Options in Naperville, Illinois
Explained by Our Naperville Bankruptcy Lawyers
Filing for bankruptcy is serious, but, contrary to popular belief, it is not a financial death sentence when done properly. Unlike many legal practices areas, in bankruptcy litigation, if you put enough effort into filing a strong claim, you will usually see good results. Contact a Naperville bankruptcy lawyer from the Naperville Law Offices of Schneider and Stone today to discuss your options. Our attorneys have been helping people in Naperville, Joliet, Aurora, Skokie, Chicago, Wheaton, and Waukegan for years. We will do everything we can to help you wipe your financial slate clean.
Filing for bankruptcy brings many different benefits, including:
- All debt collection activities against you will cease
- Creditors will stop calling your home and work about your debts
- Wage garnishments will stop
- If your home is in foreclosure, filing for bankruptcy can save it
- You will be able to keep most of your property (your house, your car, etc.) in almost all circumstances
- Your credit score will likely increase within just a few years after filing for bankruptcy
- You will not be barred from finding a job, buying a car, or owning a home in the future
- You will get a fresh start
United States citizens have a legal right to file for bankruptcy, as outlined by Article I, Section 8 in the United States Constitution:
“The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;”
Regardless of your financial situation, our Naperville bankruptcy lawyers can help build the bankruptcy plan that is right for you. We are familiar with Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, and foreclosure litigation. We have put together this list of frequently asked questions so that you can get a general idea about how bankruptcy litigation works. If you need to get out from under your debts and back on your feet, contact a Naperville bankruptcy attorney from the Naperville Law Offices of Schneider and Stone today to set up a free consultation with our lawyers.